Saturday, August 18, 2012

Photo's of our new sheep, and some classic Jock shots too!

So much has been happening here the last few days that I've gotten behind in my Blog updates, but all of that is about to change.

In the last week we managed to find, and purchase our first purebred Black Headed Dorper Ewes, plus a registered, purebred ram.

We've had Dorpers before, but not the black headed ones, and found them a little surprising. They seem to be less fussy when it comes to what they eat, and they also do a much better job grazing than my other sheep have been doing. They are slightly smaller than my other ewes, but seem less flighty, more inclined to take things in their stride.

When they finally arrived, they had spent almost 8 hours in the trailer, but careful handling and driving by the gentleman who delivered meant that when they finally did get here, they looked like they'd only been travelling for about 10 minutes!

Below are some photo's of these girls, and the ram who I have nicknamed Barney (from the Flintstones!).

I also managed to get some more photo's of Jock whilst he was playing. As you can see, the stick is more enticing than the watering can right now.

Enjoy!


Some of the Black Headed Dorper girls that we bought recently


More Dorper girls


A lovely panoramic view of the sheep (new and old) and the Willow Tree just starting to grow leaves again for Springtime!


Jock with the latest toy. This stick provides him with hours of fun and multiple bruises for me as he rushes past and hits me on the back of the legs with it!


Jock is 'full-pounce' mode!

2 comments:

  1. BARNEY!

    Awwww I thought we were not going to give them names................ :-P~

    Nice to see my Pics up though and a new DSLR will bring you even better piccies *Hint hint*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I had to call him barney because he doesn't look like a Fred! And I wasn't naming the ewes, just the ram. I mean, even I'm not good enough to remember who is who when we get past a dozen sheep! lol

    A new DSLR huh? Maybe, one day.

    Your photo's turned out really well, so of course, I had to use them.

    ReplyDelete