Monday, July 9, 2012

The new training yard is almost ready!

Well, after a quick discussion with Jock, which went along the lines of -"I'm bored mum, I wanna go play with the sheep!"- I decided it was time to get the new yard set up and get some more training in.
Being sick with a head cold has put a bit of a damper on things, and I haven't really wanted to venture outside in the freezing cold and rain to get the new yard up.

However, yesterday evening I decided to 'bite the freezing bullet' and get started. The yard is really quite big, being a very large rectangle with rounded corners. There is still some more work to be done on the yard before it can be used (actually, until I fit the gate in place, we may have a little trouble keeping the sheep from making a break for freedom!) but soon enough Jock will be out there, no doubt as enthusiastic as ever!

Will keep you all posted on how we go, and whether we make any progress or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment