Sunday, May 4, 2014

Snakes, sunrises and sunsets (With Photo's)

Whilst searching through some old photo's on my computer, I found these couple.

The snake is either a Tiger or a Copperhead. We don't get much in the way of Brown Snakes, and in the last 5 and a half years, I've only ever seen 2 Red-Bellied Black Snakes.

Given it's size, I wasn't really interested in stopping it to ask for a species clarification!

The wall where the snake is, is our garage, and is less than 20 feet from the house!






The next is of a glorious sunset.


Sunrise, almost at 5:30AM. The fog was thick enough that I was reduced from doing 100kph down to 40kph for the majority of my 20 kilometre trip!
More photo's to come in the next few days!

2 comments:

  1. Eek! We have a few snakes around here, but I think I would freak if there was one that close to the house.


    www.liscky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had snakes in our laundry and outside toilet area, right up to the back door.
    I hate them with a passion. They come in after the mice, skinks and bush rats that feed off the fruit from our pear tree.

    ReplyDelete