Sunday, May 25, 2014

Let's run and splash! (with Photo's)

 So now that we are "sheepless", I have to find other ways to keep the dog/s amused.

My boy Jock is sheepdog through and through. He seemed somewhat mortified when a search of the property revealed that there was nothing for him to chase and round up!

I usually just take him for a run by himself, but this doesn't really burn off all the extra energy he seems to have, so occasionally I'll take him out with Peppa (my bitch puppy - I know she's over 12 months old, but I'll consider her a puppy until she's about 18 months old).

When together, these two run really hard and have a wow of a time. Peppa seems almost obsessed with the water in the dam, but Jock knows how cold it is, and no amount of tempting by Peppa will convince him to go more than ankle deep, unless he's really hot!

Anyway, whilst I was at work, my husband took the two of them for a run, and the photo's show the results. It's difficult to get photo's of Jock because he is almost constantly at your feet.

Peppa (L), Jock (R) sprinting around the wall of the dam.

Peppa trying to entice Jock into the dam. He's not buying it!

Peppa enjoying the feeling of mud between the toes. She's a sucker for the dam, and seems to find it difficult to understand why Jock isn't in there playing with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment