Saturday, November 15, 2014

No-longer a sheepdog (with Photo's!)

Hi all,

It's been forever since I posted on this blog, and I promise to do more of it.

In the last 18 months, so much has happened.

1. My training schedule turned flat out as I tried out for the Victoria Police. I almost passed the fitness test on the second attempt, but not quite.  A month later, I seriously upset an old injury in my back, and this has left me on crutches almost permanently as walking becomes more and more difficult.

2. I sold our sheep.  Not only was it becoming impossible for me to do any of the maintenance on them to keep them healthy, but this property became far too soggy and our poor sheep were constantly limping from having thrush.  They all got fantastic homes though, so that made me happy.

3. Jock became a dog without a job.

Although no-longer bed-ridden, I still can't get out much to exercise him the way I used to, so he is having to learn to do without the hours of tearing around the paddock.  He still goes out lots (other family members take him out for exhausting runs regularly), but he has started spending more and more time inside with me, near my computer.  He's beginning to settle into being a house pet, which is fantastic.

He doesn't seem to miss the sheep work, however if I was to take him near sheep again, I'm guessing he'd be itching to get out there and round em up!

Below is a photo of him making use of the cold spot on the floor on the hot day we had a few days ago.  He HATES slippery surfaces, and it took a lot to convince him to stay there, but in the end, I think he figured out the benefits of the cold floor.

Enjoy guys, and I promise to write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment