Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Update on the dogs and the doctors.

Okay, let's start with the dogs.

Jock - He's fantastic. A little upset that we don't let him into the house permanently, and every time the door opens, but he is being rather philisophical about it.

Peppa - She's not behaving herself too well right now. Apparently someone 'gave her an inch' somewhere along the line, so I'm trying to take most of that 'mile' back. Not an easy thing when you're confined to an office chair!

Pippa - She's figured out the treat ball, but would rather you just feed her the treats rather than go through the whole exhausing process of rolling the ball around.  She's also gaining weight, and is looking really good. I'm hoping it's not the calm before the storm, but right now, she's happy.

Now for the doctors.

Today my doctor filled out all of the forms I handed to him, and also seemed a bit disgusted to hear that I'm on a waiting list for my back to be 'looked at' by a neurosurgeon that is over 12 months. I'm not sure I can stand another 12 months of this!
Also, after looking through the latest set of scans, it seems my back is deteriorating. It used to be just L4/L5/S1 that were the problem. Now we can include L2 and L3 in the mix, so no wonder I'm in more pain than I was 6 months ago.

The best part about all of this is that my dogs don't seem to care. Sure, they'll give me cuddles and lick my tears away, but all they really want is to be close to me, or better yet, throw the damn ball!

So, today we're all resting up for our trip to Melbourne tomorrow. It means an early start, a long drive in the car, and lots of poking, prodding and interrogation for me when I get there.

My son assures me that the dogs will be fine, he'll be home with them all day, and he'll keep me updated. (text messages at least every hour will do me fine) lol

I'll let you know how it goes, and also try and get some video footage of Peppa's new trick!

1 comment: