Thursday, June 14, 2012

A decision to make.........hmmmm

Well, I now have a slight dilemma.

Every month (or thereabouts) I attend a sheepdog training day. It's a good day out for Jock and myself, and we get one-on-one instruction for a little bit.

However, a couple of things are holding me back from going this sunday.

1. The weather forecast is horrible. 85% chance of rain, with a chilly wind. The pen that we train in is out in the open, and will get incredibly slippery. Not only that, there isn't much to cut the wind down.
2. (this is my number 1 concern) I'm desperately trying to widen Jock out, to give the sheep more room, but the pen we would be training in is quite a lot smaller than the pen I work in at home. There will be no-where for him to go to give the sheep more room, and
3. My mum is down for the day, and wants to come too. If either of us get cold, it'll take me hours, and her days, to thaw out and warm up again.

So, do we go or do we stay?

I think we might give this one a miss. Jock is going to be training today, have tomorrow off, train on saturday (in the barn pen) and then, well, it's anybody's guess what will happen after that.

So, we get a day off on Sunday. Sounds good to me, and to my mum, but I'm not sure Jock will like that idea hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment