Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Worth its weight in gold

When I first started out, as previously stated, I scoured the internet looking for information. I found 2 videos on YouTube that proved helpful. The first one I've already told you about, but the second one I have just been given permission by the producers to list on here.

To me, it is the ultimate Sheepdog training DVD. Not only does it show you how to start and where to go with your dog, but it also shows mistakes, and what can happen when things go wrong.

I, personally, find it more realistic than many other DVD's that I have seen simply because not everyone has a push button dog.

This DVD has given me hours of viewing pleasure, and it has helped me to get Jock going beautifully. Not only that, but Andy and Gill are a wealth of information, and haven't minded answering my million and one questions, not to mention putting up with me emailing them with what are probably quite stupid questions.

Anyway, the DVD is called "First Steps in Border Collie Sheepdog Training". Not only is it interesting to watch, but Andy talks to you in a language that you can understand.

Whether you are a season sheepdog trainer, or just a beginner, like me, this DVD is certainly worth a look.

http://www.herding-dog-training-border-collie-sheepdog-dvd.com/dvd_herding_first_steps_in_border_collie_sheepdog_training.htm

The price is great (especially for the product) and postage times are incredibly quick. Although, if you are like me, you want your DVD to arrive within minutes of you ordering so you can get to watching it hehe

I have been lucky to have Jocks breeder to pester with questions, but for a different point of view, or a different way of doing things, this DVD has done me well.

Even though we are still in basic training, being able to sit down and watch the DVD gives me a good idea of not only where to go next, but also what to expect. Even if your dog is nothing like the ones on this DVD, I can almost guarantee that you will see one of these dogs do something that your dog does.

Definitely worth a look - I just can't wait for their next DVD to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment