Saturday, June 16, 2012

The 'stands' are coming!

Well, late yesterday afternoon I took Jock for a run in the paddocks. He's desperate to work the sheep, but after a session later on today, he's having about 6 weeks off.

Whilst he was tearing around the paddock, I called out 'Stand' and he stopped in his tracks and dropped! We did this a few more times, and each time he didn't disappoint. He was quick to stop, drop and then wait until I gave him another command.

This morning I thought I'd check to see if it was just a fluke or not, so we did it again. As with last night, he hit the brakes and stopped. I threw in a 'come-bye' and 'away' just for good measure, and stopped him when he was about half way round the circle, and again, he stopped.

It seems it wasn't just a fluke after all.

I wonder what will happen when there are sheep involved though?

Will update again this afternoon (hopefully with photo's) on how the session went.


No comments:

Post a Comment