Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Photo's and explanations from training day today

Below is a long list of photo's from our training session today. It was, by far, the best training day we've had to date. This training session lasted 10 minutes. The first photo was taken at 1:23pm, and the last at 1:32pm.

Oh, and these photo's are out of sequence, but they have explanations, so you should get the idea what I'm on about.


Holding the sheep - a lesson is patience


Stopping on the point of balance, even though the sheep are still moving, this is something that he is only just learning - second lesson stopping on the point of balance.


End of the training session, a nice pat for a job well done.


Bringing the sheep to me


Calling off - as you can see, he doesn't need much encouragement.


Note the tail - that is one happy puppy!


Calling off so I can cast him a different direction


Away command given.


Changing position again so that he needs to circle the sheep and bring them to me.


Another change in position so that I can give the 'come-bye' command. Nicely done by Jock. Not too close this time!


Stopped on the point of balance, again.


And again


Gently bringing the sheep to me, before I walk through them again to change position


Reinforcing the 'stand' command using the stick.

All in all, this was a really good training session. I didn't need to reprimand him at all, he listened well, reacted quickly, and is starting to pay attention to my 'steady' command when I need to slow him down.

We're both happy, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment